About the Firm – UHY Haines Norton:
We are a well-established accounting firm based in Brisbane CBD. We provide a broad range of services including, general accounting, taxation, business consulting, business improvement, assurance and superannuation services. We blend traditional methods and services with a wealth of experience, utilising forward thinking and modern technology.
We work together with business owners, complementing their skills by providing the financial strategy and knowledge to support the success of their business, in doing so, we help them see beyond the numbers. The generations of clients who have continued to entrust us since 1975 is a testament to our client focused approach. We have a strong presence in the not for profit sector that provides a very fulfilling and rewarding experience to the role.
We are committed to development, training and learning strategies to bring out the very best in our staff and encourage them to excel, which positively impacts our clients and the corporate community.
About the Role:
This is a full-time position for an Auditor with 2 plus years’ auditing experience.
As Audit Senior you’ll play a leading and influential role. This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious, confident, organised person who possesses great people skills and is committed to supporting the team to achieve its outcomes. The role would suit qualified professionals with experience in auditing, looking for an opportunity to progress their career in a global chartered accounting firm. You will enjoy autonomy with close partner involvement to mentor your development. We are looking for someone who will live and promote the UHY Haines Norton values of generosity, tenaciousness, respect and courage.
As our future employee, you will have the ability to
- Excel in communicating both verbally and written
- Participate in a team environment
- Solve problems
- Manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timelines
- Time management
- Think commercially
- Conduct business with professionalism and attention to detail
- To produce technically competent work in a practical manner.
- To produce work which is in conformity with ethical requirements.
- Intermediate level of experience and understanding of Australian Auditing Standards and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level
- Use Caseware Working Papers and Caseware Financial Statements (desirable)
- Undertaking external audits and reviews of financial statements
- Preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards
- Preparing reports for management and those charged with governance including on the existence and effectiveness of the internal controls of clients
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Undertaking risk assessment procedures, planning audit responses, and implementing audit procedures
- Interpret relevant legislation and accounting principles and apply them to auditing procedures.
- Prepare detailed financial reports and explain recommendations and regulations to clients in order to reduce risk.
- Verbal and written reporting on audit findings and process improvement opportunities
- Traveling to various clients to examine their financial records and systems.
What We Will Offer You
UHY Haines Norton offers professional development, workplace flexibility, career growth opportunities, a great team culture and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At UHY Haines Norton, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual.
If this opportunity appeals to you, or sounds like someone you know, please submit your application through clicking ‘Apply’, and upload your CV and Cover letter, telling us why you would be the perfect candidate for this role
For further information about the role, please contact Darren Laarhoven by email D.Laarhoven@uhyhnseq.com.au or phone 07 3210 5500