Team Co-ordinator (Audit Department)
About the Firm: UHY Haines Norton
We are a well-established accounting firm based in Brisbane CBD. We provide a broad range of services including, general accounting, taxation, business consulting, business improvement, assurance and superannuation services. We blend traditional methods and services with a wealth of experience, utilising forward thinking and modern technology.
We work together with business owners, complementing their skills by providing the financial strategy and knowledge to support the success of their business, in doing so, we help them see beyond the numbers. The generations of clients who have continued to entrust us since 1975 is a testament to our client focused approach.
We are committed to development, training and learning strategies to bring out the very best in our staff and encourage them to excel, which positively impacts our clients and the corporate community.
Our aim is to promote work-life balance whilst working hard to deliver exceptional service to our clients. As such, our team members enjoy a positive and friendly culture.
About The Role:
This is full-time, busy and challenging role with a variety of duties. Your primary role will be to provide administration and support to the audit and assurance team. Your secondary role is to work with the firm’s admin team to provide support across the firm as needed.
The firm of accounting professionals is located in the CBD with professional offices, close to public transport.
This role is ideal for an experienced, confident and organised person who possesses great initiative and people skills and is committed to supporting the team to achieve its outcomes.
The role involves a combination of PA duties and team administrative duties, therefore you will have a range of responsibilities.
Reporting directly to 2 Partners, you will work within a team of accountants and complete a variety of tasks. In addition to this, you will liaise with a vast range of clients including high net-worth clients, not for profits and foreign owned businesses. A focus on customer relationship and excellent communication, an ability to problem solve and exceptional organisational skills are vital for this role.
To secure this role, you must have at least 2 years proven experience in an administration role, preferably within a professional services firm
- Proficient speed and accuracy in typing, with great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Professional presentation
- Experience akin to a receptionist – answering calls, arranging client meetings, greeting clients
- Demonstrated experience and skills with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer) & Adobe PDF/Nitro
- Good communication skills, written and oral with the ability to confidently build rapport with clients and the team
- Liaise with client and key stakeholders i.e. answer queries, follow up and request client information
- Prepare and generate client invoices, emails, reports and other documents
- Manage incoming phone calls when Partners and the other team members are unavailable
- Manage the staff scheduling process.
- General administrative and co-ordination duties as required by the Partners and team members
- Monitor and manage team processes
- Provide diary and travel management
- Manage and maintain Client Records
- Take and distribute minutes of meetings
- Assist Managers to ensure achievement of deadlines
- Update internal procedures, records and templates as required
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects
What We Will Offer You
UHY Haines Norton offers professional development, workplace flexibility, career growth opportunities, a great team culture and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your administrative and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At UHY Haines Norton, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual.
If this opportunity appeals to you, or sounds like someone you know, please submit your application through clicking ‘Apply’, and upload your CV and Cover letter, telling us why you would be the perfect candidate for this role
For further information about the role, please contact Darren Laarhoven by email D.Laarhoven@uhyhnseq.com.au or phone 07 3210 5500