Good news for QLD Small Business Owners!
The Small Business Adaption Grant Program is to be extended with an additional $100M in funding available in Round 2.
Round 1 Applications were filled in 3 days. For the second round, applications open on 1 July 2020.
To qualify that you are a QLD Small Business impacted by COVID19, you will need to demonstrate that:
- your sales are more than $75,000pa,
- payroll less than $1,300,000 per annum,
- less than 20 full time employees,
- currently receiving JobKeeper payment
There are other criteria which need to be checked to ensure you are eligible.
50% of this funding will be available for regional businesses outside of SEQ.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible businesses for a variety of activities including:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
We assisted a number of businesses with their previous applications and are happy to help out where possible. You will need to get quotes from potential suppliers so don’t leave it too late to get a response.
For more information, please refer to the Queensland Business Government website
If you believe you are eligible or have questions, do not hesitate to call or email your usual partner. If this is your first time engaging our firm, please contact our Business Improvement partner Dean Vane or our Business Advisory contractor Bill Charlton.
Dean Vane: D.Vane@uhyhnseq.com.au
Bill Charlton: B.Charlton@uhyhnseq.com.au